Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meetiing will be on 8th June, when we will have a talk on Stanley B. James of Walthamstow, by Robert Nurden. Joining detals will be sent out by email to members near the time.
We are continuing the Cabin Fever sessions on-line. The next one will to be on 25th May at 8pm.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk
March update: Transcriptions of the St James Walthamstow Marriage registers 1844 to 1889 and 1904 to 1906 have been checked are and now available to search on-line.