Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
At our meeting in February, our speaker will be Graham Millington, a local resident and member of Leyton & Leytonstone Historical Society. Graham has carried out extensive research into the lives of local people during the Great War and its impact on them and their neighbourhoods. Come and hear him talk on "Waltham Forest people at war, 1914-18".
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk
January update: Records added this month: Leyton burial records 1813-1837, St Peter's in the Forest marriages 1844-1925.