Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meetiing will be on 9th January, when we will have a talk by Susie Croft on Poor Law records and family history.
Joining detals will be sent out by email to members near the time.
We are continuing the Cabin Fever sessions on-line. The next one will to be on 26th January at 8pm. We will talk about how our ancestors were affected by the Poor Law, current research and any recent discoveries.