Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meeting is on Tuesday, 8th October, when we will be trying something we haven't done before. We will be playing a game aimed at solving two family history puzzles. These are based on real families and real data relating to them from the 18th and 19th centuries. If they represented information you had found about your own family, how would you interpret it? Could you draw up an accurate family tree? What would you do next? The puzzles also raise some general issues relating to our family history studies.