Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Explore St Mary’s Church, Walthamstow. On Friday 24th November and Friday 1st December there will be candlelit history tours of the church. No need to book, just turn up at 7:40pm, 8:00pm, or 820pm for a free tour a building that has seen 900 years of history.
Our December meeting will be a talk on the resources of the Bishopsgate Institute Library, by Stefan Dickers.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk
Recently added records include Chingford burial records 1813-1858 and MIs of section B in St Mary's Churchyard, Walthamstow, with pictures.