Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Is DNA analysis the future of family history research? On 9th October Donna Rutherford will be exploring DNA and family history
There will be an Explore your Archive open day at the Waltham Forest Archives on Saturday 24th November 11:00 - 4:30pm. The Society will be present with a stall and be able to assist with family research.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk