Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk
Just added: Baptism records for Marsh Street Congregational Church along with some records for the now vanished burial ground just off Walthamstow High Street. This was where the 19th century Madagascan refugee Sarah Razafy was buried.
Clio's Company have been awarded a grant by the Heritage Lottery Fund for a new Walthamstow based project looking at music and performance around three different historical periods and themes