Waltham Forest Family History Society
Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meeting will be on 7th September when we will have a workshop on Health, Disease, and Hospotals.
MOH reports, admission records, lost hospitals, death rates and plague; what did your ancestors suffer and survive; and how can you find out?
Is DNA analysis the future of family history research? In October we will have a talk on this by Donna Rutherford
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk