Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meeting is on Tuesday, 10th December. Mo Shanks onwill talk about her life growing up in Walthamstow. Mo has written three family history books and this talk will include a significant amount of social history and tell us about aspects of family life in the area not so long ago. The meeting will start at 8pm.