Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meetiing will be on 14th September, when we will have a talk by Mia Bennett, on the subject of using DNA to solve a genealogical 'brick wall'. Joining detals will be sent out by email to members near the time.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk