Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Have you come across insanity in the family? On 11th December Kathy Chater will talk to us about researching insanity in the family and how it was dealt with in the past. Kathy is a well known speaker on family history and this propises to be an enlightening talk on a taboo subject.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk