Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Our next meetiing will be on 12th Octomber, when we will meet in person at the church hall to play a game, solving a family history research puzzle.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk
September update: The St John's Leytonstone marriage reggister 1891 - 1898 has been added to the database.
In August about 500 graves from Chingford Mount Cemetery have been added to the database, mostly in sections E5, F5, and G5.