Waltham Forest Family History Society
The Waltham Forest Family History Society was founded in 1978 to bring together and to encourage people with an interest in family history and genealogy. We are a small but friendly society that caters for all those with South West Essex ancestry who might live at a distance, and for those who live locally but whose ancestors came from elsewhere.
The Society has
- regular talks on family and local history
- workshops to discuss particular topics
- visits to archives and museums
- twice-yearly journal Roots in the Forest
- collection of magazines and local records
- projects to transcribe MIs and local records
Meetings during April and May are cancelled, and meedtings after that will be kept under review.
We are looking at running an on-line session that you can join to replace the next meeting.
You can search our records on-line at records.wffhs.org.uk
March update: 1000 marriages at St John's Leytonstone are now available to search, 1848 to 1891.
Sections B5, C5, and D5 at Chingford Mount Cemetery are now complete.